An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Gardener to work in an incredible 5 1/2 acre Victorian Walled Garden and a 1100-acre woodland estate with exciting scope for the future.
40 hours a week, salary competitive to match experience
We require a knowledgeable, passionate, professional and hardworking gardener, with previous experience of working on a private estate/large garden. Successful applicants must work well on their own and as part of a team with a strong, positive work ethic.
- Qualified to a Level 3 standard in horticulture desirable – minimum Level 2 or minimum of 5 years’ experience in horticulture
- Good plant knowledge desirable
- Ability to identify pests and disease desirable
- PA1/PA6 desirable
- Chainshaw NPTC desirable
Job Specifications & Duties:
- Soil preparation/weeding
- Lawn work & Maintenance
- In-depth bed work (plant by plant maintanence / feeding / weeding / pruning / mulching / supporting / training / deadheading)
- Pruning, trimming & shaping topiaries
- Hedge cutting
- Good knowledge of garden machinery (mowers, brushcutter’s etc)
- Other gardening duties as required
- Some tree work as required
A full driving license and own transport is essential. Uniform & PPE provided, with 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays). Training and development is encouraged and available.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to Head Gardener, Andrew Degg, email@example.com
Combermere Abbey is an award-winning wedding venue with self-catering holiday accommodation, located between Nantwich & Whitchurch. We are looking to extend our team of cleaners who help maintain our fabulous accommodation.
The hours will primarily be weekends, so would suit students, but extra hours may also be available during the week. Usual hours of work are between 7am and 4pm.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, but you will be expected to clean to the highest of standards.
All general duties include vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms, and cleaning outside areas, including windows.
Some lifting is required, and due to the rural location of the estate, a full driving license and own transport is essential.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to Oliver Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org