Guide to keeping you safe
during your stay at Combermere Abbey cottages
We are delighted to welcome you to Combermere for your stay in one of our lovely cottages. We want to ensure that your time with us is a worry and hassle free one, and so we have introduced some essential measures, which involve both yourselves and Combermere to give you confidence that you can enjoy yourselves without concern for your health and welfare. Any changes to our terms and conditions will follow government guidelines.
Please make sure you read everything carefully.
Our promise to you
- All the holiday cottages are on a privately owned estate with acres of walks through the parkland and woods.
- Our 9 Courtyard Cottages are completely self-sufficient and have private garden areas and entrances from both the car parks and onto the central courtyard.
- Stone Lodge, our stand-alone cottage is on the perimeter of the estate and accessible independently.
- All our staff have been given rigorous Covid-19 hygiene training and each cottage will be thoroughly cleaned according to strict guidelines between stays.
- Keys to your cottage will be left in the door ready for your arrival.
- There will be sanitiser points at key entrance points to the estate. This includes the front entrance, the gardens and woodland walk.
- Outdoor furniture will be sanitised between stays; however, if guests use bicycles or BBQ’s they must clean them after use. We do not provide helmets.
- Due to current circumstances we will not offer shared toys and games in cottages, nor tennis racquets and balls for the courts, guests will have to bring their own. Please also note that our honesty shop and shared laundry facilities will be closed.
- We will allow an extended time period between stays to ensure extensive cleaning is carried out.
- We will adhere to all the current government guidelines.
Your promise to us
- During this time, we ask that you arrive to your cottage no earlier than 5pm, and depart your cottage by 9am.
- It is very important that you do not arrive before the allotted arrival time to ensure your cottage is ready for you.
- You must give us the names of all the guests staying in each cottage booked, and we may require additional information dependent on the government guidelines at the time.
- Please be respectful of other cottage guests, and maintain regulated social distancing at all times during your stay whether around the gardens or on walks.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times, and please resist letting them become too friendly with other guests’ dogs.
- Please strip all your beds prior to your departure and place bedding & towels in the bag provided for you.
- Please put all used china, cutlery and pans through the dishwasher prior to your departure.
- Please make sure you vacate your cottage at the specified departure time. There will be no extensions.
- Make sure you use the hand sanitisers provided at all key points around the estate.
- Should a member of your party become ill, you will be expected to return home as per Government guidelines. Please inform us immediately – call or text: 07810 673208 or 07734 449968
Sarah Callander Beckett and The Combermere Team.